The scariest part of Halloween isn’t the spooky costumes and scary pranks; it’s the alcohol-impaired drivers. With Halloween and the festivities that go along it fast approaching, the DALKO family would like to take this time to share some tips provided by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration for a safe Halloween.
**Plan ahead so you don’t turn the roads into a real-life horror show.**
- Before the Halloween festivities begin, plan a way to safely get home at the end of the night
- Always designate a sober driver
- If impaired — take a taxi, call a sober friend or family member, or use public transportation
- Walking impaired can be just as dangerous as drunk driving — Designate a sober friend to walk you home
- Use your community’s sober ride program if one is available
- If you see a drunk driver on the road contact local law enforcement
- If you know someone who is about to drive or ride while impaired, take their keys and help them make safe travel arrangements to where they are going
Have a safe and Happy Halloween!
Please remember to park your broom if you will be celebrating Halloween with spirits.