Earlier this year DALKO contributed to the “My Favorite Book” program at the Sharpsville Elementary School, which provided each first grade student with their own copy of the book “My Favorite Book”.
“My Favorite Book” is all about getting students interested in reading at an earlier age, while at the same time cultivating basic positive character traits.
Topics covered in the book include:
- Good Manners (about being polite & respectful of others)
- Being Responsible (about grandparents, good food from farms & doing chores)
- Friendship (about bullies & what it takes to be a real friend)
- My Town (about good communities & the people who live in them)
- The Hero (about a kid who knows emergency procedures & does the right thing even though he is afraid)
- Family (about family, heritage, tradition & love)
- Trouble (about poison & how a kid got in trouble by not following rules)
- Be Good to Your Body (about taking care of your body & staying healthy)
- Parent Guide (about helping the whole family enjoy My Favorite Book & thanking the people who gave it to you)
Recently DALKO was delighted to receive a personal thank you letter from one of the first grade teachers at the Sharpsville Elementary School, as well as several handwritten thank you notes from some of the students in her class.
As a company, we believe in investing back into the local community and helping to provide a better future for the children within it. We are able to do this because of the success we have had thanks to our loyal customers, so in turn we would like to say thank you for your continued support and share these letters of thanks.